Osaka's not known for great food for nothing, and here's an experience that will show you why. No takoyaki, no okonomiyaki: We're talking about honest-to-goodness Japanese tender, well-marbled beef from Kobe or the nearby countryside. Of course, you could go to a variety of restaurants and have a nice meal of Kobe beef here in Osaka, but for around the same price, we give you so, so much more. First, you'll get a hands-on education at a local "wet" market, where a deeper understanding of all things Japanese from fruit and vegetable to fish and of course the region's famous beef awaits you. We'll not point out ingredients in the market, but also tell you how they are used and the flavors they impart. And it bears repeating that this is a *local* market. Go to Kuromon Market if you must, but it will be nothing like what you find on this tour.
Your chef/guide will then walk with you the approximately five minutes from the market to his standing-bar restaurant, which will be reserved in its entirety for the exclusive use of the tour. This is the point where we transition from ingredients procurement to utilization, as the chef, with your optional participation, prepares the beef and its accoutrements, as well as the tasty side dishes to accompany your meal. Rest assured the meat will be cooked just as you like it (which we hope will not be "well done"!) on an authentic Japanese teppan grill.
With included sake (Japanese rice wine) or other drink in hand, it's time for the most fun part of all, eating! Indulge in three different meat styles and preparations, garlic fried rice, and some Japanese-style omelet too. By the time all those plates are clear, you'll be smiling ear-to-ear! Before you know it, the experience will come to a close and the restaurant will open up the the general public, at which point you are more than welcome to stick around.
There's a little bit of everything here: local market adventuring, a fun cooking class, and then lots 'o spectacular food and drink to go around, all under the tutelage of a Japanese chef in this centrally located part of the city. Come get local with us.
What is included in the tour
- 150g (5.3 oz) or 250g (8.8 oz) total of three styles of high quality Japanese beef
- Japanese style omelet, garlic rice
- One Japanese sake or other alcoholic or non-alcoholic drink
What is NOT included in the tour
- Food and drinks beyond what is specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Explore a local "wet" market with a Japanese chef.
- Learn how to prepare a fantastic Kobe beef meal in a privately reserved, open kitchen "standing-bar" restaurant.
- Eat your way through 150g (5.3 oz) or 250g (8.8 oz) of beef (depending on which option you book), garlic fried rice, and Japanese omelet.
- Savor a glass of sake (Japanese rice wine), or enjoy another beverage of your choice.
- Get away from the masses in this highly personalized experience.
3pm: Meet at Tenma Station McDonalds, walk through the neighborhood a bit before arriving at the "wet" market.
3:15pm-4pm or so: Learn about various Japanese foods and the chef buys ingredients for your meal.
4:15pm-5:30pm-ish: Cook, eat, and enjoy your time at the chef's restaurant.