We think everyone should experience a small group (maximum of 6 guests), food and drink inclusive Tokyo night tour that takes you deeper than what the Shinjuku or Shibuya areas can provide. Come with us and leave the canned, prefab tourist run behind, and instead get yourself a look into how locals unwind after work, all with nary a tourist in sight. Over the course of our 3 hours together, we'll visit 3 different standing bar restaurants (known as "tachinomi" in Japanese), which could roughly be depicted as bustling tapas places. There will be plenty of food, just in case the "bar" part makes you think otherwise. But there'll be drinks too.
We spread our tachinomi visits across two different neighborhoods, with a six minute train ride between the two. Adjunct to the tachinomi odyssey is a slightly more anthropological one, as we cover along the way a bounty of cultural sights and topics, from nightlife to grocery shopping and more. With food, three drinks, and train fare included, you won't need to spend a single, shiny yen this carefree night.
Our goal is to take you away from the visitor masses, and show you the sights, flavors, and people that make Tokyo nights special. By keeping our groups small, we can navigate relatively under the radar, and you're almost certain to get the opportunity to chat with locals too. People sometimes tell us their night with us is like a night out with friends who know where to go in Tokyo. Nothing makes us happier :)
Know Before You Book
- Japan's drinking age is 20. Minimum participant age is 15.
- You will be spending most of the night walking or standing, just as the locals do when they do a night out like this.
What is included in the tour
- 3 drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
- A guide with a great personality and excellent speaking skills!
- Transit costs while on tour.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Drinks beyond the three provided.
- Dive deep into two rarely-touristed parts of central Tokyo.
- Fully inclusive of dinner, 3 drinks, and on-tour transit!
- Guide speaks your tongue natively (or honestly equivalent).
- Maximum of 6 per group means an awesome time.
- Learn about local food shopping and also nightlife norms.